Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
This last weekend we went to Forks to stay at our friend Charlies' family's resort. It was a really relaxing trip, even though the four hour plus drive was a little trying with a toddler. Here are some of the highlights for Ramona:
1. Touching a purple starfish at Rialto Beach (at Hole-in-the-Wall where Shawna and Anders got engaged!)
2. Threw rocks in the water. Lots of rocks. We may have changed some habitats a little.
3. Looking at the river outside our cabin and yelling "water, water!!!"
4. Going to the swing that was on the resorts property. She didn't like to be helped, even though she almost fell off once.
5. Riding around in the cart. Enough said.
6. Falling asleep in Charlie's arms on the walk back from Rialto.
7. Watching all the adults play croquet, and seeing dad win!
8. Eating a yummy dinner cooked by Courtney outside by the river in the sun. Well, ok.....Ramona just ate raisins, which we paid for the next day, but she still had fun.
9. Reading books in bed. And yes, I am reading a Twilight book.....but c'mon we were in Forks!
10. Walking around the Hoh Rainforest for a few minutes. Ramona really loved the moss.
Friday, May 1, 2009
We decided to enjoy the sun today, so we walked to a local pocket park. We used our NEW stroller, which we completely love. Its a Phil and Ted's stroller, and we have an add on piece to turn it into a double stroller when we have two. Ramona may have gotten a little tan at the park, besides the fact that I applied 55 spf twice while we were there. Luckily, she loves her sunglasses, so no rays in her eyes. Looking forward to getting outside again this afternoon!