Hopefully I won't be posting the "crappy things I did this year" blog after this one. Here is my list:
1. We had a baby. We like her.
2. Had a fantastic 2-year old birthday party for Ramona. Two. Woah.
3. Went on a rainy but fantastic group camping trip at Rainer. Pregnant. Next year will be better, but I loved starting the tradition.
4. Didn't gain as much weight this pregnancy. Fantastic.
5. Visited our friends in NYC. This was a tiring trip with an almost 2-year old. But it was great (I guess thats obvious, since its on my "great things I did this year" blog.)
6. We spent a week at the beach cabin, and it just happened to be the week of the heat wave. Ramona spent the whole week naked, though that might be because I forgot her suit.
7. I became a full-fledged stay at home mom. And I still haven't lost my mind.
8. Ramona started her spanish immersion preschool. I love that school. For many reasons.
9. A bunch of our friends got engaged, got married, and had babies. And we like all of them (the babies and the partners).
10. Justin did not lose his job.
11. I turned 30, and I'm still younger than my husband.
12. We went to Forks with a few friends and chased vampires. Ok, we didn't chase vampires, but Ramona did enjoy the beach, and walking through the Hoh Rainforest.
I know there must be more than this.....so expect that I will add things as my friends with better memories than mine remind me of other great things.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Our Tuesday playgroup has been meeting for almost 2.5 years! We celebrated with a cookie decorating party today, but we were missing Erin and Leif. Hopefully next year we can find a time when we all can be there. What a great group of kids!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
and sometimes you get nervous around your heroes. As demonstrated with our Santa picture this year. At least she wasn't screaming like last year. We also decorated the tree this weekend, and it is much more fun to do when your kids are old enough to enjoy it. Ramona was VERY excited, and helped us decorate. That is why, when you come see our tree, you will see many ornaments clumped together at the bottom.
We also put Ramona in her hula girl outfit that our friends brought back from Hawaii. She looked very cute and enjoyed running around the house in it.
The bottom picture is Ramona giving her friend Bea a hug. Bea had a screaming year with Santa, the picture is priceless. Sometimes I think those are the best pictures, because it really captures a time in their lives where sitting on a stranger's lap is scary to them. Maybe that isn't such bad intuition.