Wednesday, April 13, 2011

daily treats

One of the things about having kids is that you value things that you may or may not have valued before they entered your life.  For one thing, I value my routine.  Every weekday is almost exactly the same, besides the morning activity that we do.  Also, I have a few daily treats that make me happy, some of which would probably not have seemed like treats before having the two R's.

1.  Justin lets me sleep until 7:00!  He is wonderful, he goes down to the basement and plays with the kids until 7:00, or the time he has to get ready for work.
2.  Going to the gym.  Ok, not quite daily, but 3 days a week I get to drop one or two of the kids with Mrs. Kuefler and exercise.   I used to find the gym a chore, but now its a break for me.
3.  Eating my lunch alone, in front of the tv.  I just can't eat lunch with the kids, I am always distracted, and never have time to enjoy my food.  So, when the kids go down for nap, I bring my lunch to the basement and veg out in front of the tv.  This is one of my favorite moments of the day.
4.  Hanging out with Ramona while Ruby sleeps.  Ruby is a marathon napper, so while she is sleeping Ramona and I play together.  Sometimes she just colors while I read, or sometimes we build a castle together.  Its almost always peaceful, she seems to be very agreeable after nap, even thought she doesn't actually sleep most days.
5.  Going to get Ruby after her nap.  She is always so happy!  She is excited to see me, and her sister.  Her smile after waking up is something I've been meaning to take a picture of for a long time.
6.  Shower.  Everyday I take a shower in the middle of the day, during naptime.  Kind of a weird time to shower, but its so amazingly relaxing.  Was showering always this relaxing?
7.  Popcorn after dinner.  Yes, everyday I "share" a bag of popcorn with Justin while we watch tv.  I'm totally hooked, but I figure my addiction could be worse.


No comments: