Tuesday, April 1, 2008

California Girls

This last weekend my friend Kristin came up from Southern California to play with Ramona. It was really fun. I got to go out "babyless" one night, and we went to Quinn's in Capitol Hill. I can't remember the last time that I went to Capitol Hill, which is a sure sign of my age, and my unhipness. Our friend Jen came out with us, she went to college with us in California and now lives in Redmond temporarily. My friend Sabrina also came out with us, and left her baby at home, so it was a real night out.

Anyways, since this is a blog about Ramona, I guess I'll get back to that. She LOVED Kristin, and had a great time playing with her. Even though Ramona is definitely teething, and is moody, she charmed Kristin immediately. She showed Kristin the strange noises she knows how to make (grunting, sucking in air, making sounds like she is choking, and making sounds like she has been possessed), and I believe Kristin found that charming.

We showed Kristin Fremont, and we went to lunch at the Baguette Box......which is about the least kid friendly restaurant in town. However, Ramona did great, and simply begged for us to share our food. She seems eager to eat foods like: Steak (who wouldn't), pho, Indian food, and pretty much anything else that people are eating around her. She is also SUPER excited for the day that she can drink coffee.......I think that they get to have their first latte at 18 months, right? One of her favorite foods that she can actually eat is asparagus. I'm not sure she even likes the flavor, but she just likes that she can hold her own food, and bring it to her own mouth. Its pretty comical to watch, but she eventually eats some of it.

Today Justin is sick, so it was my first taste of what it would be like to have two kids. I'm definitely not ready for a second kid! Hopefully Ramona and I won't catch his sickness, he has a nasty flu. So far she hasn't shown any signs of sickness, so I can only hope.

No comments: